Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Two Years

This morning when I got to work, I realized that today marks two years since I started working here. This also reminds me of a whole lot of other "two years since..." moments, but I don't want to go into those. The time has just flown by and I can't believe I'm where I'm at in such a short amount of time. It's amazing.

This job definitely isn't my career choice, but it pays well and my boss is flexible with my schedule. It's been tough doing work and school, because I feel like I'm overwhelmed in both areas, but I only have to make it through one more year. I can do this.

This week is Fall Break for us. Brian's gone mountain biking twice already, and played basketball with a friend. Yesterday we spent most of the day packing up stuff we won't need in our new apartment and moving it to his parent's house. I toughened up and threw out so much it almost made me cry. Well, not really, because I made myself not think about it, but it was hard. I went through pictures from Jr. high and old cards and letters I'd saved for years and just threw out a bunch of things. I really consolidated a lot. So most of my boxes are filled with journals and yearbooks, etc.

We also organized our presents a little better so we're hoping they all fit into one space so it's not all over my grandparents house when they get back. I can't believe they get back so soon. Another amount of time that just flew by.

Well, how do you think I should celebrate the fact that I've been at this job for two years, and that my boss isn't here today? I think I'll go home early. :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Don't you just hate moving? I know when we moved to Nevada from SLC it was terrible. Not only were we leaving our home of 11 yrs. but the house we're renting here is less than half the size of our previous home. we've managed to fit in alll the important stuff and I look at it this way. It's easier to keep clean!