Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving & Family

Thanksgiving was great as always. This year we were with Brian's family for the majority of the day. We went to his parent's house before dinner and had pie. Then we all went to his aunt's house and had a huge, great dinner. And pie. Then we drove up to my grandparent's house to have leftovers and pie. :) I was so stuffed, but everything was so good. And then by Sunday I just wanted another Thanksgiving dinner and more pie.

On Friday my mom had gotten tickets for all the girls to go see "Twilight". She and Nat and I have all read the whole series. Dani has only gotten through the first one, so we couldn't discuss the upcoming movies, etc. But it was really good. I know people don't like it for one reason or another, or only thought it was OK, but I thought they did a good job. I mean, come on! It's a book about vampires doing nonhuman things. Computer graphics can only do so much. And after years of being a reader that goes to see the movies made about the books, I've come to realize that it's never as good, so I don't expect it to be. We had a lot of fun though and I would go see it again. I may make Brian even go with me this next time.

After the movie we went to lunch at Red Robin, one of my favorites. Then we went home to find out that the "boys", meaning Brian and Adam, were back from their mountain bike ride, but they had been snowed on. Also, Adam crashed. A couple times. Of course, he hadn't really gotten a lot of sleep in the last two days (because he works at a sleep clinic). They've decided that they aren't going to go on rides the day after he gets off work anymore. He needs at least two nights' sleep to catch up.

We just hung out that afternoon, and then the whole family went to dinner at Applebee's. (Are you seeing why I love to eat out?) Then we went shopping for Christmas stuff as well as clothing for family pictures.

Saturday morning we all got gussied up and went down to the Timpanogos temple and took pictures at a park across the street. It was a little chilly but we had a great time. We all couldn't stop laughing and being silly. If you want to see a few visit www.mybellaphoto.blogspot.com.

After pictures we went back to my parents house and helped my mom decorate her house and yard. The boys worked outside, and the girls worked on the inside. We got the tree up and decorated, the nativity up, the garland, the nick-knacks, and the lights up outside, as well as the "Happy Holidays" sign. (I'll have to get a picture of that one.) We had a lot of fun doing it too.

Then Sunday after church we had dinner together before Nat and Adam had to go back to St. George. We always have a great time when they come up. I was so happy to get to spend so much time together this weekend. I love being with my family!

1 comment:

Barlow Fam said...

Ok, those pictures are AWESOME! Way cute!