Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dressing Up

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but whenever I'm nervous about something, or just not feeling great, I always try to dress up a little bit. Like the first day of school, I always used to make sure I looked especially good on that day, 1) for the first impression and 2) because I needed the confidence boost. I knew that if I thought I looked good, I would act more outgoing and confident. Which is always a good thing.

It's odd that sometimes it would happen without me realizing why I needed the confidence boost. Like I will sometimes dress especially nice in the morning and by the time I get home I've got a cold and feel miserable. Or on the first day of that fabulous week each month, I'll always feel like dressing up. It's like my body knows I need to feel better that day before I'm even aware of why.

I think it's a good thing though. Don't get me wrong, I love to be comfortable and I'd rather stay in my pajamas if I didn't have to go anywhere, or at least my holey jeans. But it's also fun to dress up, especially if you have new stuff to wear. :)

Today is my 2 week check up since my surgery. I'm wearing my nice black pants, with my cute tall shoes, and my new green shirt. And my funky earrings that clink every time I move. I even curled my hair and I think my makeup looks pretty good today. *It is going to be a good day.*

1 comment:

Matt and Marci said...

....so where's the picture? I want to see how cute you look! Cheers to a good day!