Monday, August 13, 2007

Name change and a Homecoming

First off, I want to apologize to my Barlow relatives. We went to Craig Blake's homecoming this past Sunday and I even brought the camera, fully prepared to take a bunch of pictures and post them here, and then I forgot. So I'm sorry. Craig looks really good though and he did a good job speaking yesterday. He seems like he's matured a lot, but don't worry, he's still the same Craig. Goofball to the max. :)

It was nice to be able to spend some time with my side as we've spent a lot of time recently with Brian's side. Sometimes you just need to be with your own to make you feel more normal. :) We also got to see Lisa and Brad and Caden. He's getting so big! Very cute little boy. Curtis and Karli were also back from Indiana, so we got to see them. Karli is getting pretty big, but she's still got until November. She said that it's been a really easy pregnancy, so that's good. But she has to have the baby in the middle of the semester, so that'll probably make up for it.

In other news, school starts for us again next Monday. Brian is so excited. But that's because he gets to stop working as soon as school starts. And I guess because he's finally in his program and gets to take the classes that he loves. :) So that's a good thing. I'm only half excited to be starting again. One, because I'm so close to being done; two, because I'm taking mostly English classes so I'm doing what I love; and three, because I don't want to be working so much. But that's also the main reason I don't want to go back. Because I have to do work and school at the same time. But only one more year of that. Hopefully. :)

Also, last week, I finally went to the DMV and the Social Security Office and officially changed my name. I had been putting it off, because the last time I changed it, up in Logan, it was such a hassle. And now I would've been better off not to have done it. But owell. So yeah. And, I hate the eye test at the DMV, so I was putting that off for that reason. But I just went down and did it. It was really fast too, which was happy. And nobody gave me too much hassle because of it being a remarriage or anything, which I thought they would. :)

So now I am officially, Melissa Walker Glad. Woohoo!

No comments: