Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Always blame it on the birth control...

So today, as I was finishing up with class, I sent Brian a text message to let me know when he was back. His class had taken a little field trip downtown and I can't get into his Architecture Studio without him. It's got a key code and everything. I noticed that my phone was running low on battery but I figured I would be fine until he got there, or at least called so I could tell him where I was waiting. When he finally did call, all I heard was "I'm on..." and my phone died. I figured he was saying 'I'm on my way back', so I went over to sit by the Arch. building. I sat there and read my stuff, and noticed that his entire class was walking back, but he was not with them. I knew that he had brought his bike with him today, so I figured that he would be there shortly after. I waited for about an hour and he still wasn't there. (Side note: I was sitting by these bushes that kept moving on their own. There's definitely something living in there and it was freaking me out.)

So by then, I'm starting to freak out, because I don't have a phone to reach him, and it's after 6 so almost any office I could think of to go to is closed for the day, and I can't for the life of me remember where I've ever seen a pay phone on campus. I couldn't think of what else to do. I went to the computer lab to try and contact someone else who could call him, but once again, it was after 6, so who would be at their desk to get an email? Finally, I thought of somewhere that I thought I remembered having a pay phone, so as I walked upstairs, I noticed a Courtesy Phone! I ran over and called Brian, who was fine and sitting at his desk waiting for me. Turns out he had arrived about five minutes after I had walked away.

I don't know why this whole experience upset me so much but when I finally got to him I was almost in tears. It's not like I was in danger, but I did feel a little lost and I didn't know if he was about to tell me his was hurt or whatever. I never thought I'd ever be one of those people that is dependent on their cell phone. I guess today I learned I am. Whenever I'm driving I have to have my cell phone because I'm worried about what I'd do if I got in an accident or got a flat tire, or got lost and had no way to contact anyone. I always have it with me unless I'm with Brian out on a date, because then he has his and it's one less thing for me to carry. It was just an eye-opening experience to learn this about myself. As for the almost crying like a baby, as with so many other things I do now that I can't explain, I blame it on the birth control.

In other news, yesterday was our 6 month anniversary. It's been an amazing 6 months. The happiest of my life and it's just flown by. We just went out to dinner at Winger's and actually got home at a decent hour, which was enough gift for me because we're always at the Arch building really late. I really feel like the luckiest woman alive to have such a great guy like Brian. I love you babe!

No comments: