Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Alive!!!


Some of you may remember when Brian's car died last year. It was a huge stress and a really big cost to try and fix it, and then it ended up being that we needed a whole new engine. And with Brian not working because of the Architecture program, that wasn't happening any time soon. So it has been sitting in his parent's garage for a year. We knew that this summer we would have the money to fix it but it probably wouldn't be until the end because we needed to save up once Brian started working again. But then Brian's parents were nice enough to give us an interest free loan to fix it. :) We were so excited!

So we had it towed in a week or so before Bear Lake, but the mechanic said he would still need to order an engine and I thought that would take at least a week or so to get here and then a week or so to fix it. So I wasn't planning on having it for Bear Lake. The Wednesday before Bear Lake, Brian asked me if I thought the car would be done. I said I doubted it. On Thursday, Brian picked me up from school, IN THE HONDA!! It was very exciting. I guess the guy got it all done in 3 days. Amazing! And then Brian had the day off on Thursday so he went and got it all registered and inspected. So now we have our car back and it's wonderful because it uses much less gas and has AC. I love it. And we were able to drive it up to Bear Lake and take our bike with us because that's the car the bike rack fits on. Yay!!

No comments: