Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What We've Been Up To...

I really have no idea.

As you can see, I've read a lot of books, and eaten Oreo's. That's about it. ;)

Just kidding. It's been pretty quiet around here. Brian's been working hard on finishing the semester. He's got one little project due tomorrow, and a paper due next week and then he's done! Graduation on the 8th! Woohoo!

But that means that last week was awful. He was getting home always after 2, sometimes 3 or 4. His semester-long project was due yesterday, which means that on Saturday night he got home at 4:30, and had to be up at 8:30 for Bishopric meeting. Then he got home at 6:30 AM on Monday, didn't sleep, just showered and got read to go back for presentation. Usually he gets a few hours of sleep, but this time it didn't and he definitely felt it. Last night he got home, we grabbed some dinner, and then he went to bed at 7. The alarm went off at 7 and he still stayed in bed for a few more hours. He was so exhausted.

But like I said, almost there!

Other random things we've done lately:

Our ward had a progressive dinner on the 17th. I really like going to those. We've had two since we moved in and I've never volunteered to bring anything. So I did this time. I made a bread-dip-thingy. It's cheese dip for bread, made in a bread bowl. My cousin's cousin makes it and I always love it. Well, everyone really liked it, so I guess I did a good job. I think that as the cook, nothing ever tastes as good when you make it. Owell.

We also attended a reception for one of my best friends from college. It was really great to see him and his new bride. They looked really happy.

My boss has been gone a lot this month, hence the reading, but it also gave me a chance to finish a cross-stitch I've been working on for about a year. It's huge and I think it turned out really great. Brian's going to get it framed for me and hang it up in our apartment. I usually finish these things and never frame them, because that's the expensive part, but this one took a lot of work, so I'm happy he'll do that for me. I'll post pictures when it's finished.

I also finally went to the eye doctor and got new contacts. I haven't been since before we got married, and I haven't worn contacts on a regular basis for about a year. But I realized that in about 2 weeks we're going to California (!!!) and I want to be able to wear sunglasses. Which means no regular glasses. So I coughed up the money to go to the doctor and ordered some new contacts. And wouldn't you know it, my prescription hasn't changed at all in 2 years! (I have the worst vision, I always expect it to keep getting worse.) So yay! I have contacts and I can wear sunglasses. Except now my face feels naked and I feel really exposed. I think I hide behind my glasses too much...

So that's all we've been doing lately. Like I said, Brian graduates on the 8th, and then we're off to California and Disneyland on the 9th! Oh, and my birthday on the 1st. :) I'm so excited. :) Can you tell?

No comments: