Thursday, May 17, 2007

Frustrated

So, I've been thinking about trying digital scrapbooking, for many reasons. I spend a lot more time at a computer than I do sitting at home being crafty, and I think it would make my pages look cuter because I can just use others ideas and designs instead of trying to come up with my own. But I can't figure out how to do it!! I've been looking online and at tons of sites and I'm just getting more frustrated. If anyone has any tips on where to start I'd really love it.
Thanks.

3 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

Have you seen the post on my blog about digital scrapbooking???

I can try to answer any questions you have, just send me an e-mail at natalie at stringham dot org.

tallynt said...

Take a look at www.digitalscrapwiki.com - it's got some good information on how to start. There is a section on that topic which links to a really good tutorial.

http://www.digitalscrapwiki.com/page/Getting+Started

Good luck.

Tracy

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

Melissa don't be frustrated! It just takes a lot of time figuring out programs and such. You just have to sit down and play and eventually it will all come together and you will understand how to do it.

I would look at Natalie's blog entry about Digital Scrapbooking--that helps a lot. Also, once you get started, you can got to my blog and link up on Jessica Sprague's blog. Every Friday, she does a Photoshop tutorial sort of thing--even if you don't use photoshop you can adapt it to whatever program you use. I use a program called GIMP. You can download it for free and it is kind of like Photoshop with some limitations.

I hope that you can get started. It is a lot of fun and brings out your creative side. If by August you still don't understand things, then maybe one day I can come over and help you out with it---it will be my excuse to get to come see you for a couple of hours while I am there :)