Sunday, June 1, 2008

Catch up time

Well, I said I would write about my brother's Eagle Court of Honor. I wanted to make sure and do it too, because I'm very proud of him. He's a great kid & I love him so much.
Brad & my parents. Both of their sons now have their Eagles.

Brad & his crazy older sisters.

We were waiting to take a picture with Brad and he was taking too long, so we took it without him.


All the siblings.

The whole family.

The next week there was no school, but that just meant that I worked full time. Brian took the opportunity to go biking three times with his cousin. :) It was good that he got a little time off though, he needed it.

On the 12th, school started again. Right now I only have 2 classes. One that 1 1/2 hours long and one that's 3 hours long. So I'm in school from 10 to 3 every Tuesday & Thursday. The first day though, for some reason, I thought class started at 10:30 so as I was getting ready I wasn't in a big hurry. Then I checked my schedule to make sure I knew what room it was in, and realized I was late. I booked it to class. The teacher was just going over introductory stuff though, and it's a 2700 level class so it's not way crazy. And it goes all summer, so it's not like I missed much. 10 minutes after I got there, she let us go early. Owell.

My second class went the full 3 hours the first day, because it's only 6 weeks long, so she was packing everything in. It was kind of intimidating at first, but I've done pretty well on all my assignments so far. So I'm feeling good about it. I just need to pass. That's what I keep telling myself.

The major downside to school right now though, is the reading material. I've said it before, but the U tries so hard not to be the Y that they push the envelope a little too much. The second day in class I came out of my "Diversity in American Lit" class almost wanting to puke. We had to watch "The Kite Runner" and I would definitely not recommend it to anyone. And then in that same class we had to read "Fox Girl" and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone either. I hated reading it every second, and I broke down in tears more than once. It got so bad that I almost had a nervous breakdown one night. Brian gave me a blessing which really helped. It's still not easy, but I know I can get through it. My Gender & Sexuality in Lit class isn't as bad, except all we talk about is homosexuality.

One thing that's helped though, is that I've decided that I'm not going to do any homework on Sunday. I just had a feeling that this would help me, because first of all, I never get much done if I try and do it on Sunday, and second, it's not the type of stuff I want to be reading on a Sunday. So far, it's really helped. And even though I have one less day to work on things, I haven't stressed as much, which I think is part of the blessing.

Saturday the 17th was my cousin Marci's wedding. It was a beautiful day and such a great experience to go see them married in the temple.

Me & Brian.

Me & Wendi. (Standard picture at most events.) (And Ben, doing something with his finger and his nose.... I have no idea.)

Most of the cousins that were there to support Marci & Matt.

Me, Marci & Wendi. This is the traditional picture that we've taken at all of our weddings. So we each have one where we are in a wedding dress. This was a way fun day, because it marked the point where we've all gotten married, in the temple. Good times.

The 20th was Brian's birthday, but I had school, so he just got a day to himself. Then after school we got to spend some time together, and then went to his parents house for cake & ice cream.

For Memorial Day weekend, we went to Gardner Village on Saturday, just to walk around and look at all the shops. It was kind of a late birthday for me, even though I ended up not buying anything. It was fun for me to just walk around and look and spend time with Brian. We went to lunch at Archibald's and then at the end got some Twix fudge. Yummy!

I did see a couple plaques though, that I thought about buying. One said, "True Love is Friendship set on Fire" and the other said, "Well Behaved Women rarely make History" :) I loved it.

That night we had a BBQ at Brian's parent's house.

Sunday we had a BBQ at my parent's house.

Monday we were planning on going biking with Brian's brothers but it ended up raining all day. So I did homework and then we went bowling with his family. His mom got a 112 and I got a 108 and we beat all the guys by at least 20 points. It was awesome.

This last Friday night was our Ward Camp out. It was over by Deer Creek Reservoir, and we had a great time. I love our ward so much. They're great. We had turkey dinner and cobbler for dessert. It was still camping in a tent, which I don't love so much, but it was fun.

Saturday morning, my parents left for an Alaskan cruise. My grandparent's 50th anniversary is this year, so they took all their kids & spouses on a cruise for a week. So after we got back from our camp out we headed over to my parent's house to watch Brad & Dani. Before we left though, Kyle & Megs dropped by! They live in Cedar City and were just up for the weekend. It was great to see them and catch up.

We went out to lunch with Brad & Dani and then my friend Heather came over and we watched some more Grey's. I love that show.

That night Brad went out with friends and Dani went babysitting, so me and Brian had the whole house to ourselves. Except before she left, Dani showed Brian a very addicting game on the computer and so he played that, while I played on my New LAPTOP! My dad bought it before he left, and had it waiting for me at the house. I love it! I've been playing with it all weekend.

Yesterday Brian had to get up early and go to our home ward, because he's the Exec Sec, and I took the kids to their ward. Then I left early to go to our ward choir practice because I'm the pianist. The song we're learning is really hard to sing and play and we perform next week. I'm so worried.

After church Brian's parents had us all over for dinner and then we watched a movie. Then we came home and just chilled together. It was a great weekend.

Now it's back to work and school, though last Thursday marked the halfway point in one of my classes, which is really nice. I hope the second half goes by as quick.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sounds like you've been busy and not just work & school stuff. Good luck with your classes, stick to it! You'll do great. I enjoy reading what you guys are up to, I wish more of the family would blog! It's fun.