Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth! (And some other places in CA)

The day after Brian's graduation we took off for a whole week in California! We drove down to St. George Saturday and stayed with my sister and her husband. Then on Sunday we all left for California. They were going because their anniversary is next week, and we were going because we decided we both deserved a nice break after working so hard these past 2 years to graduate.

Monday -

We went to Hollywood and took the Walk of Fame. Not the whole thing but we saw plenty of stars and even went to the Chinese theater to see the hand prints. Pretty cool.

For lunch we stopped at a little pizza place and ordered an 18-inch pizza. Adam always wanted to have a pizza slice you have to fold in half to eat so he asked the guy to cut it into 4 slices. We each had a quarter of the pizza and it was so big! Brian and I were the only ones who finished the whole thing.



It's a good thing we walked so much during this vacation because I ate way too much and not very healthy.

Tuesday -
Our first day of Disneyland!


I love Disneyland. It's my favorite place ever. I was excited months before we left and the excitement just built. I know Brian thought I was crazy but I think he caught a little of the spirit by the time we left there.
Waiting to enter Disneyland.

We must have picked the perfect time to go because there were NO LINES! Well, compared to going in the middle of summer. We never waited longer than 20 minutes for any ride, even the major ones like Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Tower of Terror. It was awesome. We went on almost every ride more than once, and the ones I named more than 5 times each. Not all in one day, but pretty close. We had almost no need for fast passes.
We spent Tuesday through Thursday at Disneyland so I won't bore you with the details, but here are some fun pics to just look through.

A few standard pictures. In front of Disneyland, in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle, and with Walt & Mickey.

And of course with Mickey & Minnie.

I love the detail Disney puts into everything. Even waiting in lines everything is related to the ride you're about to go on. Me and my sister had to get a picture with these fun benches shaped like Mickey.

We had to get a picture with this Indian in Frontierland. When my family was younger we would always get a picture with this same statue. Brian and Adam think they're so cool.

We tried and tried to pull out the sword but to no avail.

We took a turn on the teacups.


It's always fun to take pictures with some funny hats you find in the shops. And I just like the pinstripe hats, but I never have anywhere to wear them, so I didn't buy it.
Brian is so scary huh?

I tried to convince Brian to let me take this one home.

Out of the many rides we went on, over and over again, almost every time they took a picture, my sister was always blocked. So Brian thought it would be funny to block her face when we took a picture waiting for the parade. The parade was really fun to watch and we had a great end to our Disneyland experience.

Leaving Disneyland. Loved every second of it.

We also spent part of our time at California Adventure.



The Tower of Terror was one of our favorite rides. We probably went on that more than any other.

Friday -

This was the view of California Adventure and Disneyland that we had from our balcony. Very cool.

We also went to the LA Temple on Friday. Very pretty inside and out.

We went to Santa Monica Pier after the temple.

That night we went to my uncle & aunt's house for dinner and had a great time visiting with them.

The last night we were pretty hyper and just had a fun time being silly.

I really didn't want to leave. This is me saying goodbye.

Overall it was a much needed, perfectly wonderful vacation. So much fun! I think we'll have to save up and go on another one next time Brian graduates. :)

6 comments:

The Earley's said...

It looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves. You deserve it!

Trina said...

Wow, quite the trip! I'm glad you had fun.

Matt and Marci said...

Oh man... it looks like you guys had a blast! I've been waiting and waiting for this post! I want to go to Disneyland so so bad....I'm so jealous!

Roods said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good time. I bet it was nice to get away for a little bit. Congrats on Brian graduating. One more step to getting closer for him really being done.

Natalie Loris said...

Amen, but I think we should go for Boston next time- Adam and I will be graduated by then :)

Marzipan said...

Oh...I just got the happiest-place-in-the-world-magic-feeling-inside feeling. I'm SO jealous!!!! That's so awesome that you guys were able to go!!

Maybe we could all go together in two years when both our hubbies graduate...and that doesn't mean we're not going to Disney World when we're older. I'm already saving. (: