Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthday Week

Some people celebrate a birthday week for themselves. For me and Brian, we have a Birthday Week in February where we have 4 birthdays in one week, all on different days.

First, Brian's dad, on the 17th.
Then Brian's brother Curtis, on the 18th. Unfortunately we forgot the camera that night.

Then my sister Nat's husband, Adam on the 19th. We ended up bringing Nat & Adam, and my brother Phil, to our Stake Valentine's Dinner catered by Cafe Rio.
Then my brother Brad on the 20th. This year he was at a school dance, and us girls had a bridal shower for my cousin's fiance. So we ended up celebrating on Sunday.
So basically, we were partying every night from Wednesday to Sunday. And each night we were out progressively later and later. I was worried that I was going to get sick, but I fought it all the way.
A few thoughts about the week:
*The bridal shower was thrown by my cousin Marci, who is so super creative. It was so cute and we had a lot of fun.
*I watched Marci's kids, Aria and Corbin, for about 30 minutes on Saturday until her parent's could get there. I was actually a little nervous, even though I'm the oldest of five and I've taken care of babies before. I just worried that Marci and Landon would leave and then both kids would start crying and I wouldn't know what to do. As it turned out, Corbin drifted off to sleep and all Aria wanted to do was play tea party and read books to me. Awesome! And then when the grandparents got there, Aria still didn't want me to leave. I felt very loved.
*I really need more sleep. But thank goodness for Vitamin C.

2 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

What a fun week. Is your cousin Marci the same Marci I know? If so, I didn't know that. That's so cool. I'm glad you had fun watching her kids too. Aria is soooo adorable.

Melissa said...

Sorry for the confusion. They are two different Marci's. :)