Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cousin Sarah's Wedding


Today my cousin Sarah got married in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. It was a very special day for our whole family. There were a lot of emotions happening all very close to the surface. I sat in the sealing room next to my Grandma Walker and my Dad. (Brian had forgotten to get his recommend renewed, which we didn't realize until that morning.) The ceremony was beautiful and some special things were said, but I think more than that, some special things were felt. There wasn't a dry eye in the room.

Sarah's dad, my dad's brother, passed away when I was 7 years old. Sarah was only 1. I don't know how much Sarah remembers her dad, but I know she is very close to him and feels his spirit with her constantly. My memories of my uncle Mitch are very special to me and I know that at the important events in my life, I've always felt him there. On this day, I knew he was standing there the whole time, watching his baby girl make this important step in her life and beaming with pride. We all felt his absence, but also his presence.

Congratulations Sarah!

No comments: