Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve & Christmas

Because Christmas was on a Sunday this year, the Glad's chose to celebrate it on Christmas Eve. So we got up early and headed over to their house to open presents and have breakfast. Unfortunately, no pictures were taken. (Probably for the best as none of us really got ready.)

Our big presents this year were a new camera lens for Brian's camera. He convinced me he needed it by saying it would be perfect for taking pictures of a new baby. Sold. And he got me a Kindle Touch. I love it!
After presents and breakfast we hung out for a while, but then had to head home because we still had the Barlow Christmas party to get ready for.

Many pictures were taken with Brian's new camera but I'm sure you don't want to see them all. Here is just one to document how big I was and that my mom and I have the same faces. :)


We had an ugly sweater contest (which I refused to participate in because who wants to be wearing an ugly sweater when they already feel huge?) and a gingerbread house building contest. Having Brian the architect on our team definitely helped.
We had the traditional pork roast dinner and white elephant gift exchange. And then of course brownie pudding and Christmas carols. I love traditions!

Christmas morning we woke up really early so we could talk to my brother Brad in Madagascar. It was so good to hear his voice. He sounded so happy.

Then we had breakfast with the Walkers, opened our presents then went to church. Then we went to the Glad's ward. After church we headed over to G&G Merrell's to spend time with the extended family.

No comments: