Friday, March 16, 2012

Last Day of "Work"

I know that being a stay-at-home mom is a lot of work, so it's not like I'll be getting to relax and be lazy from now on, but today was my last day of work outside the home.

I've been training my replacement for about 2 1/2 months. I know she's really nervous because there's tons to learn and even though I've done my best to teach her everything, it's still going to be rough.

My boss bought lunch for all his assistants and his wife even came up to eat with us. I've technically only met her twice, but I've talked to her on the phone a bunch and I thought it was so nice of her to come to wish me good luck with the baby.

At the end of the day, I packed up my stuff, and my boss gave me a card and a hug and I left. It was a weird feeling, knowing I wasn't going to be going back. I was happy but a little.... I don't know. Sad? Disappointed? Scared? I don't know.

When I got home I read the card from my boss. He thanked me for all my years helping him and said how much he appreciated me. It was really nice. I cried a little. It's weird to think I won't ever be going back there. As much as it frustrated me sometimes, I was really good at my job. I knew how to do everything backwards and forwards. I guess it's a little intimidating to start this new "job" because I have no idea what I'm doing.

(Side note: On Wednesday (3/14/12) I went in for my appointment and the doctor walked into the room and said, "You haven't had the baby yet?" Really encouraging. I was 3 cm and 75% effaced. So the doctor had me make an appointment for next Wednesday but he doesn't think I'll make it until then. Cross your fingers.)

No comments: