Saturday, March 17, 2012

5 Year Anniversary

At my cousin's wedding back in November, she told me they were going to Disneyland for their honeymoon. I turned to Brian and said, "We should go to Disneyland for our anniversary!" As he did multiple times during this pregnancy, he just looked at me and waited. After a few moments I realized that I was due two days after our anniversary. So besides the fact that I couldn't fly there (no airline would even think about it) and I wouldn't want to spend 16 hours in a car to drive there, I wouldn't be able to go on any rides when we got there & I would be way far from home if the baby started to come. Hence, the plan for Disneyland went out the window.

Because I am 9 months pregnant for our anniversary, it was really low key. Brian had to work, but he came home and took me to dinner at Olive Garden. He offered to take me to a movie after, but I was so tired and uncomfortable, we settled on just going home and cuddling instead. Though we did stop at the store and he got me some Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

Even though we didn't do anything big to celebrate, I'm still so grateful for the wonderful man that I married. He is so good to me. He's been so supportive and helpful during this pregnancy. He takes such good care of me. I know he'll be a great dad and I'm so excited to see it.

No comments: