Monday, June 22, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

On Saturday Brian and I went with my mom and brother and sister to the Temple Open House. It was so cool! We had gone to see the Draper one too, but it was cold and dark and you were directed through plastic tunnels the whole time. This time, even though it sprinkled on us a little, it was totally open and you just walked in the front doors and even got to take pictures in front when you were done.

The inside was beautiful. I loved it, especially the chandeliers. Just amazing.


Some of you may have heard of this but I totally hadn't until yesterday. Then when we looked at our pictures up close we noticed the black trumpet and arm of the Angel Moroni.


After the temple, we took a small detour to see where we used to live since it was somewhat nearby. I lived in this house from 2 1/2 to 9 years old. It looked a lot smaller than I remember but I had fun telling Brian all about my memories there.

As we were driving home my mom showed me where the house we almost bought was. It turned out that if we had gotten that house instead of the one my parent's live in now, then I would've gone to Taylorsville High and I would've met Brian there. As it is, they had to move from Taylorsville to Sandy so he could come meet me. So either way, we were destined to meet. :)

After the temple, because it was so gloomy, Brian got the day off. We went back to my parent's house and I sat down to sort through my mom's hundreds (thousands) of pictures that were not sorted or in any order and sitting on a shelf. I didn't think I would finish it all in one day, but I did. It took me about 8 hours, but I did it! And now they're all sorted into different children's piles and are just waiting to be put into their books. I'll be going back another night this week to finish that project too.

No comments: