Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

Well, we haven't been up to much lately. Just work and school as regular. My parents got back from Alaska safe and sound, though they decided they're "warm vacation" kind of people. I would have to agree.

On Friday, I went to a baby shower for my friend Joanna. We were RA's together as USU. I haven't seen her since before I left Logan so it was great to catch up and see a few other people from USU as well. My friend Lyndie was there with her 2 month old, who was adorable. We said we would all get together soon for dinner, so I hope it actually happens. They're busy moms (or soon to be) so I know they don't have as much free time.

Saturday Brian and I deep cleaned the whole apartment. Sweeping, moping, dishes, sinks, counter, toilets, tub, dusting. Everything. One of the good things about our small apartment: It took under two hours to do all of this. Very nice. Then we went grocery shopping, which was a small fortune, because we hadn't been in a couple weeks. I got a chance to catch up a little in my journal, though I'm still behind, and then we rented P.S. I Love You and I made chocolate shakes.

We had never had the chance to see this in the theatre, and it's a good thing we didn't. I cried almost all the way through. I'm such a baby. I have the book and read it a couple years ago, and loved it. The movie, while different, was still good. There was a special feature interview with the author, which was neat to watch. She wrote this book at 21. So I'm already behind. :) But it's inspiring to hear her talk about how she writes, because I get the same way. I can't wait until I can devote more time to my writing.

Yesterday we got the chance to go to our Sacrament Meeting and then also to the Primary Children's Medical Center Meeting. It was our ward's turn to pass the Sacrament, so Brian had the chance to go. It's always a neat experience to go up there.

After church I tried to nap because I haven't been sleeping very well lately. I keep waking up every hour after midnight. Weird. But I didn't get much of a nap. Then we headed off to the Glad's for a family BBQ. We had a fun time with everyone. It's always nice to spend time with family.

1 comment:

Wolfley Family said...

I read the book P.S. I Love You a while back - I really liked the book... I haven't seen the movie yet but everyone I asked hadn't read the book - so you enjoyed the movie as well as the book?