Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Kingdom & The Crown Series


I loved these books! I really like everything I've read by Gerald N. Lund. I like the historical accuracy as well as the fictional characters that bring you into that world. And I feel like I'm learning without even trying. In this series I learned a lot about Jewish customs I probably would've never thought about. It was a really good read and didn't take very long. My only disappointment was the last one ended really fast. It summed everything up, but didn't give any conclusion for the fictional characters you grew to love throughout the series.
I would definitely recommend this book to everyone. And I have my own copies if anyone would like to borrow them.
Other books by Gerald N. Lund I would recommend: The Work & The Glory Series (Early Church History period), Fire and the Covenant (Martin & Willie Handcart Companies).

1 comment:

Barlow Fam said...

I too LOVED Kingdom and the Crown. I need to give Work and the Glory another chance. I just couldn't get into the writing and the characters, strange since it's the same author. I also loved the Children of the Promise series, not Lund, but very good! I love historical fiction.