Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No Spring Funk

I am in a funk. I have no idea why. I think part of it has to do with this blasted snow that won't go away.

Whatever it may be, I need to find some way to get out of it. I need to focus on happy things. So here are a few happy things that have been going on lately.

We went to dinner at a couple's apartment in our ward on Sunday. Rui is an amazing cook that can make anything. And she just throws things together and it's always good. We had a noodle/veggie main dish, and homemade bread. And then apple pie for dessert (also homemade). I was put to shame. I brought a salad. From a bag. I know, awful. Owell. We had fun anyway, and the guys got to talk architecture because Mike is thinking about doing that now. I hope we do it again sometime.

Brian took me to dinner tonight. I love when he has time to do that, and I love not having to cook. It was nice to just have a little time with Brian. I know I complain about this all the time, but I like being able to see my husband during daylight hours.

I got paid yesterday. Always a good thing.

Tonight another couple in our ward brought over a quart of ice cream to thank Brian for fixing his bike. That's the usual trade. Brian will tune your bike as long as you bring ice cream for me. Or us. :) So now everyone in the ward knows how much I love ice cream. :) So now I have a new quart of ice cream, in a new flavor to try. Thanks Olsen's!

Biggest Loser night on Tuesday. I love those girls! And girl's night is always a good thing.

So there you go. I need to focus on the good stuff. Like ice cream. :)

6 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

I'm sorry. It's gotta be the snow.

Amy said...

This weather is awful. We woke up to snow as well and it just does put you in a bad mood. Spring please come fast :)!

Lanae said...

I feel your pain!!! I'm in the same boat! Tom and I are taking a trip to AZ next week to get out of the cold. So, I know that I've got you as a facebook friend, but I really don't do much on facebook, so I just realized that you and Megs have blogs and I just think that you guys are great, so I started reading and will probably continue to blog-stalk you. It works better for me - hee hee hee! You're too cute and it's been great to catch up!

Trina said...

That's a sweet ice cream deal. I'll have to keep that in mind :) I'm glad you like Biggest Loser, it's my absolute favorite!

Heidi said...

This time of year is always a little tricky, and the weather doesn't help. Good luck with thinking positive! Sometimes the hardest thing to do is see the good before the bad.

Marzipan said...

I love having girls night too! What would we do without brownies and cheesy t.v. shows? But hey, I hear sunny skies are coming! Yahoo!