Thursday, May 7, 2009

Quarter Century Old

I am 25. Doesn't feel too different from 24. I guess that's what happens when you get old. :) Just kidding.

For my birthday my boss gives me a paid day off, so that was nice. Brian was done with his projects by Friday, so he didn't have to worry about going in to school either. So we slept in, then went to lunch at Training Table. Then Brian took me to buy a frame for the cross-stitch I just finished, and I bought a new one. It's even bigger than the last one. Hopefully it takes me just as long to finish. That seems to save us money, if I get something that takes a year to finish, instead of buying 4 in one year. :)

After we got home, Brian gave me his other presents. He bought me a few household items, like a towel rack, because our apartment doesn't have anywhere for me to put kitchen towels. So they end up on the counter and table and never get dry. He's very thoughtful like that. :)

He also gave me a book called "Unlocking the Book of Mormon." It's like the Book of Mormon Made Easier books, but I think I like it better. It's bigger, and it has the scriptures side by side with notes and quotes and things like that. It also leaves space to write your own thoughts and notes down. As a writer, I love that! I started reading and marked up and made notes all over the place. It was great!

That night we had dinner at my in-laws. I don't like much Mexican food, but my mother-in-law makes these enchiladas that I really like. Probably because there's not much in them and they're not too spicy. :)

After dinner we had cake and ice cream and my brother-in-law commenced to eat all of the extra frosting no one else wanted. It's become kind of his "thing" and it's totally gross. We video-ed it this time, but I don't have that. Be thankful. Really gross, but funny.

After that, we decided to watch a movie, and since it was my birthday I got to choose. I picked Twilight. It's only my second time seeing it and I wanted Brian to see it, and also, my mother in law has 5 boys. They don't watch chick-flicks that often, so it was a treat for her too.

On Saturday Brian had to work, but that meant I got a whole day to just relax and do whatever I wanted. Then Brian took me to dinner at Winger's.

Sunday we went to my family's for one more birthday dinner of "Walker Chicken" and my mom even was so thoughtful to buy me an ice cream cake. She knows me well.

And to finish off the birthday weekend, my mom took me to lunch on Monday. :) Sweet!

I got some really cute new tops and some money for our California trip, but I'm just glad I got to spend so much time with family. It's the best part of birthdays.

No comments: