Monday, November 23, 2009

Randomness

On the 2nd I went out to dinner with some of my oldest friends, Mikelle, Sydney, and Heidi.
We all grew up together and even though we've gone all different directions it's so cool to get together and just catch up.
(Syd you need to post the pic or email it to me so I can post it. :) Just saying.)
I had to talk in my old ward for their YW in Excellence night.
Kinda scary but it went well.
Very cool to go back and see all those people who influenced my life, doing the same thing for my sister.
We went to see the new Disney movie The Christmas Story the day it came out because my mom's work gave us free tickets.
Cool in 3D.
Not my favorite show.
I definitely wouldn't take kids to it.
Brian got sick for an entire week.
He would have a fever and then it would go away and then just coughing but no runny nose.
We didn't go to the doctor because I didn't want to waste money for them to tell me he had the swine flu and to just go home and treat it like a regular flu.
He missed every day of school that week but he's still doing fine in his classes.
I remember how disillusioned I was when I realized that I could miss multiple classes in college and still do ok in my classes.
Brian is feeling much better now.

I thought I caught it as well by the end of the week, but I just had a quicker version because I was only sick for the weekend.
I would love to be able to just take a week off when I didn't feel well.
But I'm the only one with a job so I guess it's good I didn't.
I went back in and got two moles removed.
The results came back last week.
I do not have cancer!
I strongly suggested to Brian that I wanted to go see a show called "Bravo Broadway!" at Abravanel Hall.
He gave in and went with me and ended up really enjoying it.
Three Broadway singers came in and sang a bunch of songs from popular Broadway shows.
Amazing.
I wish I could sing like that.
Brian wishes he could sing like that guy did.
We had a friend suggest that the only way those guys hit those high notes is because they get kicked in a certain area right before they go out.
I say that's how real tenors do it. :)
A few weeks ago Brian donated blood.
He hated every second of it.
But this last week the letter came back telling him what blood type he is.
As he's opening the letter he says, "I hope I don't have some rare blood type."
He's O Negative.
Yeah, that means he can donate to anyone, but can only get O Negative blood.
The irony of that just about killed me.
I wish I knew what blood type I was.
I told Brian he should go donate more often but reserve half of what he donates for himself in case he needs it one day.
I really hope he doesn't need it one day.
I made Brian rent 17 Again this past weekend.
I thought it was so funny.
So did Brian.
I'm so excited for Thanksgiving.
And Christmas.
I want to put up my decorations right now.
I also want to be eating Thanksgiving Dinner right now.
After my ward Craft Day, it made me overly confident in my craftiness ability.
I started an ornament wreath a couple weeks ago.
It's still sitting on my table unfinished.
It wasn't quite as simple as I thought it would be.
I have already found two other crafts I want to do.
Maybe if I start them now they'll be done for next year.
My cousin Lisa had her baby today.
Welcome Baby Jane!
Blogger has erased all the space in between my subjects in this post.
Sorry about that.
Because of that, I'm done.
:)

4 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

Sounds like a mostly fun week. Sorry about the sickness going through your home. Glad you don't have cancer. Yeah. My Brian is O neg as well, so we'll keep each others info, and if either of our hubbies need blood we'll call each other.

Meg said...

Richard is O- as well I believe just FYI. So glad you don't have cancer!!!

Stephanie • My Orange Chair said...

We were at Bravo Broadway! too. Very good show! Brian said he wishes he had seen you guys so he could have send over a few spitwads. I think he meant it in a friendly way...

Marzipan said...

Yea for randomness!!

And I think we should at least watch the Biggest Loser Finale together since we were slackers the entire season. What do you think? :)

Have a happy thanksgiving!!