Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Our House

So, I realized that I never posted any pictures of our new place. So here they are.

This is a plaque that my friend Heather made for us for our wedding. I love it!

Our messy bookcase. That's not even all the books I have had to buy for my major.

Our new bed!! Well, the mattress is new. The frame was given to me by my best friend's parents. On Saturday we went and purchased our new memory foam mattress at a close-out sale, and Brian was so happy. No more springs in our backs. :) I was very excited because it's a little bit bigger, and because of that we got to get new sheets and you can't tell, but they match our quilt. (Yellow, blue, green stripes.) I'm so weird, but that's all I ever really want. Just for things to match. One day when we get to build our own house and I can design the rooms, I'm going to have rooms that match. :)

This table we also got on Saturday from Brian's parents. Brian's mom's grandparents gave it to her for her wedding, so it's very old but in really good condition. :) Nancy was so happy to give us this because it's one more thing she got to get out of her house, but I was happy because it was one more thing to make my house feel like it's really a home.

This is Brian sitting on our couch, in front of our new coffee table, which we also got on Saturday at the close-out sale. It's solid mahogany so it's very heavy, but I really like it. Notice, the Oreos and Kisses, that's study food!


This is our hutch that was given to us, and my new electric piano that my parents gave to me for Christmas. The hutch, couch, bookcase, red table, and TV were all given to us by a lady in my parents stake. It was so amazing that she would give us all these wonderful things to make our apartment a little nicer. And they all fit perfectly. Like, down to the inch, they fit in. Any bigger and we couldn't have them. :)

I did not take picture of the kitchen because it was messy, and the same with the bathroom. And those are the only two rooms that actually have a theme going on. (Kitchen - red, Bathroom - blue). Owell, maybe sometime in the future. So there you go. We're getting there. Eventually I am going to put up more pictures on the walls and decorate and such, but that'll have to wait until I graduate probably. And then the only thing missing will be carpet, though we might get some of that in the summer. :)

No comments: