Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow Day

I've decided that it's too cold in Utah. Yesterday it snowed heavy all morning long. It was beautiful, but really cold and wet. And I hate the cold. And driving in the snow. Thank goodness it was a holiday and I didn't have to go into work or school. Otherwise I would've called my own snow day. :)

We spent this past weekend at my parent's house watching my little brother and sister. My dad had work stuff in Las Vegas this weekend and took my mom with him. They got to see my little sister down there, which makes me jealous. But they ended coming back a day early because of the storm. It was fun to spend time with my siblings though.

I'm 8 & 12 years older than them respectively, so we didn't always have a lot in common, though I think I have a special bond with each of them. Brad & I have always seemed to understand each other and we find each other hilarious. Dani was the one that I was old enough to take care of by myself so that was always pretty cool. As they've both gotten older I've realized how cool it is to just hang out with them & talk to them about their lives. They're getting to that point where they understand more of what I'm going through and I can relate to what they're going through. I have an awful memory so I don't remember a lot of my childhood drama as well as I remember junior high and high school. It was just awesome to be with them.

It's back to school as usual today. With my crazy schedule it does make the days go by faster though. That's nice. I finally received the last books for my classes that I've been waiting for. I waited a little too long to order my books online, but in the end it's worth it. The 15 books I had to order online that would've cost me $250 at the bookstore only cost $150 online and that includes shipping. www.half.com My favorite site to buy the books.

Also, I finally got around to changing my name at the school. I'm trying to get everything in order to graduate so I figured I should probably do that. It was a little weird/cool to hear my name called for role as Melissa Glad. I love it though. And I don't have to wait nearly as long for them to get down to Walker. :) Graduation applications are due February 1st, so then I'll be one step closer. I still have to register for Summer classes, but that schedule doesn't come out until February 11th. Hopefully they have all the classes I need to graduate. :)

2 comments:

Annie said...

It was -10 here this morning! I understand cold. It was half way through mu morning run before my toes thawed out! Stay Warm!

Barlow Fam said...

"Hey, that's Ryan. I give him some candy and then he did magic." I just thought you should know what Brooklyn said when she saw your picture. : )

By the way, thanks for the Half.com info. We'll have to check it out!!!