Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Curse You!" Cooking

Perhaps I should start a series. One where I explain to you all how much I don't like cooking, and tell you of the horrible mishaps that seem to happen every time I try a new recipe.

Or maybe not.

But tonight I seriously wanted to curse the meal I was making.

I decided to try a recipe for Clam Chowder.

Granted, I was planning on making it last week, but I thought all my ingredients would still be fine for tonight.

Wrong.

So there I was flying through all the preparation.

The potatoes were cooking in the clam juice and water, I had melted the butter and mixed in the flour. Everything was moving along and I had even timed it so it would be ready when Brian got home from work just after 7. Then we'd have plenty of time to eat and I could go to Yoga at 7:30.

I never do well with timing my meals. I was feeling pretty good.

Then I go to pour in the Half&Half into the butter mixture.

Chunks.

Gross.

The entire meal, ruined.

I was so frustrated that I dumped it all down the sink (to get rid of the smell) and then just took the boiling potatoes off the burner and waited for Brian to get home.

I didn't even have the energy to try and make something else.

(It doesn't help that it was 7:00 at night and I was already hungry. I don't do well when I'm hungry.)

Then Brian ended up being late and didn't get home until 7:30. So then we didn't end up eating until 8:00.

Grr.

Messed up dinner and ended up missing Yoga.

Lame.

4 comments:

Celeste said...

That's a bummer but don't get too discouraged. I'm sure it's happened to everyone. I know I'm guilty. YOU ROCK!!!

Crystal said...

Oh sorry! I hate it when that happens! And, it happens to me alot! :) That just means that we eat hot dogs and mac n cheese on those nights! :) And I have learned NOT to feel guilty about it!

Do you guys have a sibling in choir this year? You do, right? Are you going to the final concert? I would love to see you there! :)

Melissa said...

Crystal, yes we have two siblings in choir this year. We will (most likely) have a sibling in choir every year until 2016. Weird huh? So we'll definitely be there this year. :)

Kyle and Amanda said...

I have an idea for you... freezer meals! and if you want to be my cooking buddy we could do it together!