Saturday, May 8, 2010

Heather's Baptism

Today one of my best friends, Heather, was baptized. She was my first roommate in college, and we've been friends ever since. I won't say I never thought this day would happen, but I'll admit I didn't think it would happen so quickly. But I'll also admit that I am so so so so so happy that it did.

The service was great. There were some great talks given by her boyfriends sister-in-law and mother, her boyfriend baptized her and his brother confirmed her. I didn't think I would, but after she was baptized I really teared up. I was so happy to see her so happy.

Afterwards we went over to her boyfriends house for food. It was great to see all the people there to support her. She's had some trouble with some of her family accepting her decision but I'm happy that she's been strong enough to know that she made the right choice.

CONGRATULATIONS HEATHER! WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Amy said...

that's awesome!!! i didn't ever think that would happen but i'm very glad i was wrong. ;) tell her congrats for me! that's so exciting!! :D

Shae said...

it would have been so fun to be able to come to her baptism! we were planning on it...but McKay had other plans, and decided that he wanted to be born the day before she got baptized instead! lol you two girls look so great in your picture!! i'm so excited for heather!!