Tuesday, October 18, 2011

St. George 2011

This year for Fall Break.... oh wait. We don't have Fall Break anymore because.... we're not in school!!! Wahoo!

Actually, we did end up going down to St. George over Fall Break anyway. We were hoping that Brian's cousin and his wife (who is also pregnant, & due 5 days before me) could come with us. Sadly, they could not. Brian & I still had fun without them.

Brian got in a few bike rides, which always makes him happy.

I just got to relax and do absolutely nothing, which makes me happy too.

And we did some shopping, which usually makes us both happy. This year was a little different.

I am about 17 1/2 weeks along. Not showing a ton to those who don't see me without clothes on. (Meaning: Everyone besides myself and Brian.)

But to me, I am starting to show. I'm at that in between point where if you don't know me you think I normally look like this, but if you know me (and look really hard) you can tell something's different. But I just want to show enough that people know I'm pregnant.

Maybe it's only a first time mom thing. So here's my advice to first time moms:
If you don't feel like you look pregnant enough, go shopping.

I was just looking for some longer shirts, and yes, some maternity pants for work. This shopping trip didn't last very long (and not just because I was too tired to keep going.)

Nothing fits like it used to! (Obviously) I'm wearing sizes I don't usually wear! (Obviously)

I was not prepared. But it definitely helped me feel pregnant.

We ended the shopping trip by getting an "Apple Pie" caramel apple from the chocolate store. Totally made me feel better.

The other thing that makes it totally worth it to almost start crying in Target because you're wearing maternity pants:

At 17 weeks, I started to feel my baby move.

Kicking, all the time.

This is definitely Brian's child. They never hold still for long.

No comments: